On Mar 10, 8:57 pm, John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To Evgeniy's train of thought I would attach another question (what you,
> savants of Q-science may answer easily): if the universe expands (does it,
> indeed?) do the interstitial spaces in an atom expand similarly, or they are
> exempt and stay put?

They are exempt. Their structures are defined by the strengths of the
electromagnetic
and nuclear forces. Expansion is a spatial and gravitational
phenomenon.

> If they expand, a recalculation of the entire
> (Q?)physics and cosmology would be in order <G>. If they don't, there must
> be some Big Bang initial volume

That doesn't follow, because atoms aren't indivisible. The very early
universe
consisted only of particles. How much volume particles take up depends
on factors like the Pauli exclusion principle, rather than an notion
of
a classical volume of "packing".  For instance, neutron star and white
dwarf matter is much
denser than conventional matter, because their constituent particles
fill energy states rather
than volumes