On 13 Mar 2011, at 08:29, Jason Resch wrote:

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 6:07 AM, Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com > wrote: On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 9:45 PM, Andrew Soltau <andrewsol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, 'first person indeterminacy' simply means that I don't know what
> observation I will make next?

It is not just ignorance, it is true indeterminacy. Even if you have
all the information you cannot know which observation you will make
next.

--
Stathis Papaioannou

To add to Bruno's and Stathis's point, first person indeterminacy, even when the details of the experiment are known, is an essential piece of the Sleeping Beauty Problem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeping_Beauty_problem

This is indeed a beautiful problem, but I am not sure I see the relationship with first person indeterminacy, which involves explicit copy and duplication of the body of a person, at its correct substitution level.