On 15 Mar 2011, at 22:59, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

I do not follow the relationship between replication and the movie, sorry.

OK.

My naive viewpoint is that after duplicating there are two different first person views that are not related to each other any more,

That's correct (assuming comp). The question is what do you predict, about your future subjective experience, before the duplication is done.

well they have the same diary before duplicating but that's it.

And they have different diaries after! And you can predict this before the duplication, and you expect to survive (assuming comp). So you know in advance that both copy will describe specific but different outcome (like W or M). So you cannot predict which one specifically with certainty in advance (if you predict W, the one in M will understand that was wrong), and vice versa. By comp, they have both the right of asserting that they are "Evgenii Rudnyi".

So if someone multiplicate 2^(16180 * 10000) copies, then there are that number of first person views that are however again independent from each other.

Sure. So they can predict that they will be in front of some random image. And then this is repeated 24 times per second during 1 our and one half, so they can predict some random noise, or white snow for that period of time. Only few exception will be deluded by seeing "Space Odyssey (say)". Those will correspond to "white rabbits events", with probability = 1/ 2^(16180*10000*90*60*24)

So I still do not see the difference with the situation that I have described. When I travel to somewhere there is some nonzero probability that I awake in some other place and I have just to ask where I am.

Exactly. That was the point. That is the first person indeterminacy. The only difference, is that in the travel example, you might have to just ask where, because you are not aware of the "protocol" in its entirety, but in the comp duplication, (like in the quantum example) you are aware of the whole protocol, and still completely undecided about where you will feel to be personally reconstituted.

OK?

Bruno