The exchange between SPK and Bruno is hard to personalize, there is am
unmarked paragraph after a par marked "...
so I was in doubt whether it is Bruno, or Stephen who wrote:

     *"His use of the word "causation" is unfortunate but we can forgive
     him because there is no correct word for the relation that he is
     considering....." *
**
Both mathematical and philosophical "causation" is partial: all we can
consider as instigating a 'change' (= cause?) may only come from the part of
the totality we already know of and include into that partivular model used
in our consideration, while the influences of the still unknown factors are
included (active?) as well (not to mention those known ones we neglected in
our limited thinking).
In precise thinking such uncertainty interferes with applying 'correct'
vocabulary.

John M