Slizard did a whole bunch of stuff in this area in the 1940s. Feynmann
has some good introductions to it in his Lectures in Physics series (I
forget which volume), IIRC. This was more focussed on the
thermodynamics of computation (eg what efficiency limits are there on
processing bits).

Later on, there was some work basing statistical mechanics on
information theory. Denbigh and Denbigh was a good book from the early
'80s that talked about this. This stuff is kind of the reverse side of
the coin to Slizard's stuff.

Cheers