On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 1:24 AM, Rex Allen <rexallen31...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>
>> Th fact that you say that compatibilist free will is "faux will" or worst
>> "subjective will" means that you *do* believe in incompatibilist free will.

Ah, I see what you're saying.

I've mentioned this before.  I think that libertarians are referring
to *something* when they use "free will".  It's just something that
doesn't exist.  Like unicorns, or the bibilical Triune God.

They are referring to an imaginary ability to make decisions that are
neither caused nor random - but instead are something else, something
that can't be clearly conceived of or described but which somehow
gives them ultimate responsibility for their actions.

It isn't a coherent concept, or rational...but that's people for you.

Rex