On 4/19/2011 10:18 AM, 1Z wrote:
When we do some dioscovery it is better to adapt our word instead of
>  throwing the baby with the bath water.
Always? So we should have adapted the meanings of "phlogiston" and
"epicylce"?

Of course not always. "Epicycle" still means what it did; we just don't use it to describe planetary orbits (although we could). We dropped "phlogiston" as not referring to anything. "Heat" originally was thought to refer to a kind of fluid; we kept and adapted it.