On 16 May 2011, at 16:13, Stephen Paul King wrote:

Hi Stathis,

-----Original Message----- From: Stathis Papaioannou
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 9:08 AM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: On the Sequencing of Observer Moments

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Stephen Paul King
<stephe...@charter.net> wrote:
Hi Brent and Everything List Members,

Let me start over and focus on the sequencing of OMs. I argue that the Schrodinger Equation does not work to generate a sequencing of Observer moments for multiple interacting observers because it assumes a physically unreal notion of time, the Newtonian Absolute time which is disallowed by the experimentally verified theory of general relativity. I will concede that I might be mistaken in my claim that the complex valuation of the observables (or, in the state vector formalism, the amplitudes) nor the hermiticity will generate a natural or well ordering that can be used to
induced an a priori sequencing of the OMs, but I would like to see an
argument that it does. Is there one? The paper by Ischam argues that there
is not...
I see this problem of OM sequencing as separate from the ideas about clocks since clocks are a classical concept that depends, in a QM universe, on decoherence or something similar to overcome the effects of the HUP on
its hands.

Onward!

Stephen

The subjective sequencing is independent of any real world sequence
that might occur. Today is Monday and I recall that yesterday was
Sunday. I assume that my brain generated Sunday's subjective
experiences first and then used them to generate Monday's. But this
need not necessarily be the case: it could be that that Sunday was
generated a century ago in real time, or not generated at all, and my
memories of it are false ones.

--
Stathis Papaioannou

--
[SPK]
I was trying to be sure that I took that involves the possibility that the OMs are computationally disjoint into account. This covers your example, I think...

I am wondering how they are "strung together", to use the analogy of putting beads on a string. My point is that we cannot appeal to a separate "dimension of time" to act as the sequencer of the OMs. So how do they get sequenced? How does the information (if I am allowed that term) of one OM get related to that of another?

For the 3-OM, some universal number.
For the 1-OMs, infinities of universal numbers (the one running the computation below your substitution level).

The "initial time" is given by the succession of the natural numbers, like in the UD.

I am curious to know if Stathis and others agree with this, or at least see what I mean. It is always enlightening to imagine yourself in a (concrete) universe with a UD running in it, then a mere understanding that the number relations does execute (not just describe) the UD can help to understand how all "OMs" organize themselves, so that with OCCAM we don't need to postulate an initial concrete universe. The movie graph shows that not only we don't need it, but even if that would exist, we just cannot use it to "singularize" consciousness. OK?

Bruno

Onward!

Stephen