On 5/18/2011 11:26 AM, Stephen Paul King wrote:
Hi Brent,
I am happy to be wrong inn that opinion! But nevertheless finding a physicists what will admit publicly what you mention is difficult.
Onward!
Stephen

My friend Vic Stenger (a physicist) not only admits it publicly he has attempted to popularize it in books and lectures. I don't know of any physicist who's bothered to disagree in print.

The Comprehensible Cosmos
Where Do The Laws of Physics Come From?

The laws of physics were not handed down from above. Nor are they somehow built into the logical structure of the universe. They are human inventions, though not arbitrary ones. They are not restrictions on the behavior of matter. They are restrictions on the way physicists may describe that behavior. In order to describe an objective reality, those descriptions cannot depend on the point of view of observers. They must be "point-of-view-invariant." When point-of-view invariance is implemented, the laws of physics follow with few additional assumptions. We live in a comprehensible cosmos.

Here's a review.

http://www.colorado.edu/philosophy/vstenger/Nothing/NewSciRev.pdf

Brent

*From:* meekerdb <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>
*Sent:* Wednesday, May 18, 2011 2:00 PM
*To:* everything-list@googlegroups.com <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>
*Subject:* Re: On the Sequencing of Observer Moments
On 5/18/2011 10:44 AM, Stephen Paul King wrote:
Hi Rex,
I agree with you 100%! I am amazed that this idea is considered as a horrid heresy by most physicists

You seem to have an uninformed opinion of physicists. The physicists I know don't consider anything "heresy" because they consider time and space and all of physics to be models which are invented to represent our best guesses about reality.

Brent

that continue to think of “space-time” as some kind of “container” that we exist in much like insects trapped in amber.
Onward!
Stephen