Raphael Bousso and Leonard Susskind appear to mix the concepts of the
multiverse with the idea of wave collapse, e.g., "For example, we might
choose S to be an electron and E to be the inanimate laboratory. The
system's wave function collapses when the electron becomes entangled with
some detector. But we may also include in S everything out to the edge of
the solar system. The environment is whatever is out beyond the orbit of
Pluto. In that case the collapse of the system wavefunction cannot take
place until a photon from the detector has passed Pluto's orbit. This would
take about a ve hours during which the system wavefunction is coherent. "