On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 11:37 AM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> On 6/21/2011 11:46 PM, Jason Resch wrote:
>
>> According to Bruno's theory's they are running, as is any computation, the
>> question is with what measure?  If this is an idea worth pursing and
>> technical civilizations make it to this stage without killing themselves it
>> may be highly common.  There are many reasons it makes sense: it saves the
>> environment from one specie's dominance which harms and weakens the
>> biosphere on which all life (including the dominent species) depends.
>>

> So the simulated people will consume and destroy the simulated biosphere?
>  Or will you create simulated worlds without nomological constraints?

There would be no notion of consumption or destruction as we use those terms
in the simulated reality.  You could push a button and have an apple pie
appear before you ready to eat, with no need to harvest the wheat, collect
the apples, etc.  Worlds can be created, suspended, duplicated, restored at
will, just as when you load a game on your computer it instantiates a
virtual environment, you can save it, pause it, resume it, copy it or delete
it as you wish.

Jason