the failure of society or civilization is in its attempt to "figure
things out"... to come up with a coherent, absolutely persuasive and
complete picture-form of things...... rather then to "figure out" how
to enjoy its existence..... it focuses on the probably futile  effort
to figure out what existence is.

Does it matter? How would it change how we feel or what we do? Is it
possible in this life time or in a hundred thousand years?

What is more important is to figure out how to enjoy our existence how
to properly seize and highly enjoy our existence....

hopefully that is not a more or equally difficult inquiry then the
trying to figure out what existence is... then we are doomed.

wait, we are doomed.