"Your brain contains information received by the senses, it is a
system
which can enter many different states based on that information "

It is so amazing to me how blind people are who actually believe this
clearly ridiculous notion.

"information" as used by geneticists and brain-scientists is a
metaphor of a metaphor.

First. There is information in the sense of words and ideas, in the
sense of reading or hearing and learning something.
Second. We take that and make a metaphor of it, and apply it to
machines or computers, and also to dna and the brain... the metaphor
"information" which sometimes is used in a double metaphor sense....
is used to mask the fact that we really don't know what is going on
but we are using our convenient notion and understanding of
information to apply it to the case.