lol, the "pagan confusion" in this forum is exactly why the Church
thought it necessary to dogmatically formulate a creed and impose that
rigid and absolute structure on the masses.....

otherwise such heathen indeterminacy and inventiveness would continue
ad infinitum.

Neo-platonism was constructed for the same reason... that is why the
Church absorbed it into its system.