>Our brains are obviously doing it with
>the colorless nerve impulses (information) that comes in from the optic
>nerve.  I think most people lack appreciation for just how complex the brain
>is, and conclude this or that is impossible for any process (no matter how
>complex) to do.  The brain has 10^15 connections, each of which can change
>its state up to 10^3 times per second.  Most people have trouble imagining
>10^6, never mind 10^15.

There is no such thing as information in a nerve impulse. It has no
data in it except for what relates to modulations of the homeostasis
routines of cells. Biochemistry. The color yellow is not represented
by nervous tissue, it is presented within nervous tissue aggregates as
a subjective experience. The brain is not creating color, it is
experiencing the shared experience of many nerve cells from the inside
out. It is not the function of any nerve cell to produce color
anywhere physically. What we think of as a neuron is just the exterior
of the phenomenon, it's just doing neuron things, not psychological
things. It's the synergistic trans-terior of the whole thing - brain,
body, illuminated 'light' source, etc. What we think of as light is
the interior of our own optical gear as it passes along it's
experience to the rest of the self.

The staggering staggeryness of the brain, yeah I at least try to get a
sense of it. It's unfathomably absurd. It's like oceans per second or
something. I think that it adds to it all to realize that it would be
all forever mute, blind, and intangible were it not for awareness and
qualia - an interior side which permits participation with the thing
and the universe that it thinks it's in. The potential in the universe
for Sense and sanity are more important than a trillion barrels of
brains.

Craig
http://s33light.org