On Jul 23, 11:40 am, 1Z <peterdjo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 23, 2:35 am, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Think of them like sock puppet/bots multiplying in a closed social
> > network. If you have 100 actual friends on a social network and their
> > accounts are progressively replaced by emulated accounts posting even
> > slightly unconvincing status updates,
>
> Why would "slightly unconvincing" fall under "exact funcitonal
> replacement"?

Because it's not possible for the emulation to simulate first person
participation forever from a third person design. First person
participants don't even know what they are going to say or do in a
given situation. The sense of what the thing is leaks through sooner
or later.

> IOW: yout think the Neurone Replacement Hypothesis doens't
> disprove your theory because you think your theory is correct.
> See the problem?

If my theory is correct, the Neuron Replacement Hypothesis is a Red
Herring. It's not a problem, it's a solution.

> There is  such a thing as machine learning.

Definitely. Inorganic mega-molecules can do amazing things. Enjoying a
steak dinner isn't one of them though.

Craig
http://s33light.org