On Jul 28, 11:23 pm, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What differences does the history of a life have to do with what you are
> experiencing now?  If aliens created a human being from scratch just like
> you, and swapped you out while you were asleep, why would this physically
> identical copy of you behave differently than the you which was born?

Nature is as important as nurture. Does the English language leave a
physical residue in my body, or is it the aggregate of centuries of
actual geographic-historical-anthropology on Earth carried forward (or
cumulatively entangled as I like to say) linguistically.

> > If you used one
> > real neuron (probably need a group of real neurons in practice) you
> > might be able to skip all that.
>
> So how small can the group of "real" neurons be?  Can it be all artificial
> except for one neuron and function as a normal mind?

I doubt one would do it, but I don't know, it would have to be
attempted experimentally. Can one person run a continent of robot
cities?

Craig