On Aug 6, 10:15 am, Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi <use...@rudnyi.ru> wrote:
> > How do you define intelligent behaviour? For example in the book
>
> > Dario Floreano and Claudio Mattiussi, Bio-Inspired Artificial Intelligence:
> > Theories, Methods, and Technologies, 2008
>
> > there is a nice chapter about immune systems. I would say that the behaviour
> > of an immune system is very intelligent. What does it mean then?
>
> Definition by example example: at least, the behaviour of a normal
> adult human is intelligent, and if a machine can replicate that then
> it too is intelligent.

If normal adult human makes can answer yes or no to a question, and a
coin can come up with heads to the same question that the person said
yes to, that does not mean the coin is intelligent. How many coin
flips does it take to match a random person's answers off the street
before the coin SEEMS intelligent? The answer is somewhere between one
and infinity. How high the number is depends 100% on the observer, who
might be convinced after 20 flips that it is a real person's answer
but after 40 flips not be so sure, and after 55, 201 be convinced that
it is not a real person.

How many flips does it take before the coin actually BECOMES
intelligent? Neither 1, 0, an integer, or infinity. The answer is: NOT
APPLICABLE. A coin isn't intelligent. It's a metal disc.

(please interpret ALLCAPS for organization purposes, not for
exclamation... a distinction not visible by the appearance of the
characters alone, but the overall sense of the comment)

Craig