On 8/7/2011 5:01 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
That's why I sometimes return to my engineering viewpoint. It is easy to speculate that some overarching "everything" construct includes us and our world as an infinitesimal part.

I suspect a confusion with tegmark's kind of mathematicalism. Comp gives us (us = the UMs and LUMs) the big role in the emergence of physics; not an infinitesimal role at all.

Isn't that the measure (aka "white rabbit") problem. Can you show that the UD does not generate inifinitely many Newtonian worlds? or chaotic worlds? Do you have to rely on anthropic selection?