On 8/12/2011 4:33 PM, Pilar Morales wrote:
I was following the conversation on consciousness and life and was trying to find out if there's a relationship between the number of Bosons and Fermions in living organisms (as units and as parts of larger more complex organisms) versus their ratio in inanimate objects. I do believe there's something there but can't find any info to back it up.

I don' t think there's any significance to the ratio. For one thing it's not clear how to count them. A C12 nucleus is a boson, but a C13 nucleus is a fermion - but they are both made of quarks which are fermions. If you consider the numbers in the universe I think photons from the CMB far out number fermions (at least the ones we know about).