On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:03 PM, benjayk
<benjamin.jaku...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Also, we have no reliable way of measuring the computational power of the
> brain, not to speak of the possibly existing subtle energies that go beyond
> the brain, that may be essential to our functioning. The way that
> computational power of the brain is estimated now relies on a quite
> reductionstic view of what the brain is and what it does.

And the problem with the reductionist view is? It certainly seems to
be the case that if you throw some chemical elements together in a
particular way, you get intelligence and consciousness. The elements
obey well-understood chemical laws, even though they constitute a
complex system with difficult to predict behaviour.

--
Stathis Papaioannou