Animate? Inanimate? "Conceptually" we cannot compare "identity" of *
complexities,* because we compare only as much as we know of and that is
incomplete.
"Zombie" I consider an artifact for a certain (mental?) fantasy-explanation
without basis.
Also 'dynamic' or 'static' is in *our view* streamlined into the (human?)
image we made up for the world we live(?) in - as we see it. In a World of
unlimited complexities (in continuous interchange of relations) we are lost
at this moment. Our terms are irrelevant. We 'compute' those characteristics
(qualia?) only what we know of. That's our conventional science.
Observer? *anyTHING* that responds to relations (also callable: conscious) -
like a ballcock, a thermostat, or even G.B.Shaw, or a microbe.

Agnostically yours
John