On 9/25/2011 5:27 PM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 6:35 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    On 9/25/2011 11:28 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

        I mentioned QM only to mentioned a computer emulable theory of
        I find quite possible that QM explains biochemistry, given the
incredible theory
        of chemistry the SWE equation allow (molecules and the electronic shape
of atoms
        is really what QM explains the most elegantly and successfully, but
this is
        besides my point).

        But you are coherent: if you want materialism, you will need a non
        emulable theory of matter, and of mind.
        Good luck, because it needs already some amount of work to conceive
        not Turing emulable in math, and in physics, it is even more difficult.

    But QM is based on complex numbers over the reals, which are already not

Has a real number ever been measured by any physicist?

Sure. He measured one side of the right triangle to be 1cubit and the other side to be 1cubit and concluded that the third side was sqrt(2)cubit.

"All measurement is theory burdened."