On 25 Sep 2011, at 08:20, meekerdb wrote:

On 9/24/2011 6:34 PM, Jason Resch wrote:

I said explicitly that "exist" means to be in the ontology of some model, and so it is always relative to that model (and similarly for nonexistent).

Bruno's shown how the physical world is part of the same model that includes the integers.

I don't think so. He has shown that computation with the integers is very rich and if you assume your thoughts are just instances of digital computation then the appearance of the physical world can be explained in terms of them.

I don't show this. I show that if we assume mechanism, then we have to explained the physical world in term of integers/combinators/universal machine. I submit a problem. In fact I show that with mechanism, the mind-body problem becomes an arithmetical body problem. The interview of the machine gives hints of the solution.

Bruno

But this is a rather weak sense of 'explain', since it can also explain completely different worlds.