On 10/30/2011 5:09 PM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
A common response to the idea of QTI is, Why should I care if I die and someone
else in another world who thinks he is me survives? But this objection shows a
lack of understanding of consciousness works if there are multiple
instantiations.

But multiple instantiations is exactly what we do not experience. So the existence of other people who think they are me is purely a speculative inference. According the theory they aren't me, they just share some past history. Bruno emphasizes that his experience with Salvia implies that "he" exists independent of his history. But this "he" is still not multiple. I haven't used Salvia, but I suspect that experience still requires at least short histories.