On 11/1/2011 3:40 PM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:
What do you mean by "consciousness" ? I don't care about "eternal" not me... it's the *same* thing as death. When talking about dying, what's important is the person who die, if something is left who doesn't know that it was that person... what does it means that its consciousness still exists ? For me, it is just a vocabulary trick to not employ the word death where what you mean is death.

Immortality means immortality, not death, not resurection.

A person is the sum of her memories, without memories, there is nothing left.

    This seems quite
    strange and narrow to me.

Not to me, just read in a dictionary.

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to
  achieve immortality by not dying."
         --- Woody Allen