On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 07:00:39AM +1100, Kim Jones wrote:
Why does everyone ask this question? Aren't we over this issue yet? Isn't there
anything else to talk about?

Kim Jones
Some of us definitely are :).

I was surprised in reading Deutsch's chapter on the multiverse in "Beginning of Infinity" that he hypothesized "fungible" (aka "parallel") *deterministic* universes in which a person makes one decision in one universe and a different decision in another. This implies a libertarian free-will, not constrained by the universes being deterministic. He never seems to notice this conflict and perhaps he didn't really mean to imply that since he's just making up an illustrative example.