Hey there,

I don't often post on this board, but I follow it quite frequently,
and perhaps I might inject a 'fresh voice' to rescue this thread of a
cul-de-sac of its own. It's essentially buddhist in nature rather than
mathematical or computational, so forgive me if I appear presumptuous,
or off topic, or whatever. It is this:

If you believe that there are persons, then the persons you believe in
will certainly die.

If you take yourself to be a person, then by implication, you too will
die. (That whole "Man is mortal; Socrates is a man; Socrates is
mortal" thing).

But if you realize that there has never been a person to begin with,
then your fears of death must evaporate, for what has never come into
existence surely can never go out of it.

What does it mean to "be a person"? Really, literally, from the
inside, 1p viewpoint? Yes, we can talk about it -- in terms of the
things we see, the mental states we are in, the sensations we are
having at the moment, and the meanings of those sensations, but is
there really a person there after this analysis is complete? Indeed,
can the analysis ever be completed?

Please, consider this.

Dan