Hi Kim,

On 02 Nov 2011, at 21:00, Kim Jones wrote:

Why does everyone ask this question? Aren't we over this issue yet? Isn't there anything else to talk about?

Aah Haaa... :)

Important fundamental questions with non satisfying answers are recurrent. It is normal. I will say some words on this when I have more time. It is also related to Dan's elimination of the person. When I got more time I will comment on those issues raised in compscicrackpot and freqflyer07281972's posts.

In a nutshell, assuming the Mechanist hypothesis. I tend to believe much more in free will and persons than in energy, matter, space or time (which are person's invariant or epistemological constructs). To be sure, persons are also epistemological emergent reality, but they are more basic and fundamental than physical structures and objects.

Best,