Benjamin,
we may identify terms (concepts? desepts?) in various ways. Singularity is
one among them. AI-leaning minds like to make it an "AI"-term,
(Technological S of Wiki) others may prefer different domains. I see
'intelligence' as a related - also
hard-to-identify term, what I like to deduce from it's Latin origination:
"inter-lego" i.e. the capability to 'read' BETWEEN (lines, that is) - to
decipher a hidden meaning.
Singularity, however, according to my ancient studies, points to something
unrelated, not connected to other knowables, something standing ALONE.
In this meaning NOTHING can be said about it, because ANYTHING would
desstroy it's "singularity" by a connection (information?) to other data.
This is not an attack against the Singularity establishments, it is a
reflection.
*
You wrote:
*     "Consciousness learns that it is not bound by time and space..."*
implying some unit that knows and acts. I boiled down the C-term into an
action (process?): a RESPONSE to relations detectable maybe according to
our capbilities to do so. I do not argue such definition, but it seems to
me that the C-term is not a person/thing.
I agree that "it"(?) is a-temporal, a-spatial.
*
I do not want to pick on your post: I appreciate it for knowledgeability
and its consectquency. Just for the fun of it:
     "*As we collectively realize..."*  is hard for me to swallow: I did
not elevate to such mental democracy as would be necessary to a collective
thinking. I believe (again: for myself, based on opinions I read and
'believed') a "mini-solipsism" about the world (existence, everything,
nature, whatever) - our individual and un-matched  product of input
(information? observational explanations? learning?) deposited into our
MIND (I have no idea what THAT may be) with our quite individual genetic
build-up and absorbed past experiences as our mental TOOL, usually called:
our brains(?).
I call such knowledge "perceived reality" - not to be mistaken for THE
REALITY of which we cannot even know if it indeed exists and if yes, in
what format?
We have our subjective intrinsic worldview and call it objective relity.
So EVERY ONE OF US  develops a personal 'realization' - not akin to any
other one, yet including similarities we can emphasize to call a big part
of our perceived reality "identical" and collectively realized. This
happens in the sciences.
*
You put 'singularity' to domain-names, I prefer "complexity" and indeed I
consider the 'everything' an infinite complexity with structural
impenetrablity for us from "here", the flimsy and limited "models" we
formulate for our 'world' we know.
I think it is based to some extent on Robert Rosen's ideas, adding upon
ideas I borrowed from David Bohm.

To your final question:
I am not sure I am 'false' but I am sure I am ignorant (agnostic is more
polite).
And I feel comfortable in my agnostic "I dunno".
Even whatever I DO know is unsure and based on figments.

Thanks for inducing some self-reflection

John Mikes*

*