Spudboy100 wrote:

> In a message dated 11/9/2011 7:27:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> benjamin.jaku...@googlemail.com writes:
>
> Probably  the one that is most convincing is direct experience. Try
> meditation (my  favorite is just doing nothing while being aware not to
> snooze or think or  search for something to do,etc...), or, if you are a
> bit
> more daring and  very cautious and well informed, psychdelic drugs (eg
> Salvia, Mushrooms,  LSD, DMT) or suspend your belief that you are just a
> person for long enough  (then the reality of unity tends to reveal itself
> spotaneously). If you are  in the right mindset and maybe a bit lucky you
> can
> experience states in  which it is directly evident that there is
> fundamentally no other, just  this consciousness that you are.
>

> I see, Benjamin. But unless one takes these visions as a solipsism, I
> would
>  ask, what does this bring to the table? We humans are primates, and for
> most of  us primates, we are group animals. We need each other even though
> we
> irritate  each other.
What I am describing can be said to be a kind of solipsism; only I exist,
but I being the consciousness that we all share, not "I" in the sense of me
as a person (which is usually meant when we are talking about solipsism).
We need others as an other to our personhood, but not as an other to us as
consciousness (which is what we really are, the person being more like
something we dress ourselves with). Otherness is the one seeing itself from
different perspectives.

Spudboy100 wrote:

> At the end of the day, can one bring information, that
> would not,  logically, be known, otherwise? For instance, that Uncle,
> Bruno, left a  mathematical puzzle, he worked on, inscribed on page 1273,
> in the
> 1999 edition  of ARS MATHEMATICA, in his old, study--something like this,
> let us  say?
You mean in a paranormal way? There are many experiental results that
suggest so (even though its validity is disputed, but the criticism if often
not vindicated, in my opinion), and a lot of astounding anecdotes. But it
might not work in the way we expect, in terms of consistency,
controllability and scope.

benjayk