2011/11/13 Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com>

> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> 2011/11/13 Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be>

>>> They share a common past memories, but as soon as they are "duplicated",
>>> they do not share their consciousness, only past memories.
>>>

>>>  "pure consciousness" is what is invariant through the change of
>>> memories.
>>>

>> I'm not sure it is meaningful. I call that 1st person experience.
>> Consciousness has a subject.
>>

> By "a subject" do you mean "one subject" or "at least one subject"?

The one who feel.

>  If there are multiple subjects, who is the true owner?  If there is a
> path from every conscious state to every other,

I don't think it can exists a path between two arbitrary conscious
experiences. From mines to yours, all of me has to be erased. In what sense
after that conversion "me" has come into play ?

> then only time separates the conscious state I now experience from the
> conscious state you now experience.  If all conscious states are reachable
> from by subject, then really there is only one subject who owns all
> conscious states.

You can't doubt your own consciousness and you're not conscious of what it
is to be me, then it is not meaningful to talk about a "unique" owner who
*can never know that*.

> I think (but am not sure) this is the point Ben was making.  Do you agree
> with this line of reasoning?

No ;)

Quentin