On Nov 13, 5:56 pm, compscicrackpot <pet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The hard problem of everything is a unification of the two singularly
> hard problems that our existence poses: the hard problem of
> consciousness (how does subjective experience arise) and the hard
> problem of something (why is there something rather than nothing)
> which includes the problem of an infinite regress of mechanism and an
> infinite regress of causation.
> It seems that both of these problems seem to cause science some
> difficulty and are deemed unscientific and philosophical in nature.
>
> The crucial (mad?) step I have taken in my reasoning is to assume that
> since consciousness and the universe pose similarly difficult
> questions they are similar in nature, examples of the same phenomena.
> Since they are similar phenomena, properties of one can perhaps be
> deduced from properties of the other. The conscious self is a
> singularity (I take this from the universe) which results from an
> infinite feedback loop stabilising in the limit, therefore the
> universal singularity is also the result of an infinite feedback loop.
>
> Now I speculate on the nature of the universal feedback loop, it is my
> superstition that there is a unity underlying all things which is what
> brought me to propose a unified hard problem in the first place. I
> guess that the universal feedback loop is an inevitable oscillation
> between positive and negative infinity, which are intrinsic in the
> fabric of reality, which stabilised at the zero-point into the
> big bang singularity, this explains how everything came inevitably to
> be at a single point.

I think you're right that there is a unified hard problem and that it
does have to do with feedback, but the ideas of positive, negative,
oscillation, stability, singularity, intrinsic, and fabric of reality
are all unexplained. What is missing is sense. Sense is the primitive.
Everything can be reduced to sense and all sense has both relatively
objective pattern and relatively subjective pattern recognition. To
say that there is a fabric of reality which needs no explanation takes
sense for granted. A solution to a unified hard problem has to make
sense for an amoeba, an infant, a dementia patient, etc.

My solution to the hard problem of consciousness is that consciousness
is nested awareness, and that awareness is primitive - the interior
topology of sense. My solution to the hard problem of something is
that the problem arises from assuming that nothing is more primitive
than everything. Once we understand that subjectivity is a private
reality tunnel which expresses itself specifically around the nature
and circumstance of the subject, the question becomes not why is there
anything, but how are we able to feel like we are not everything?
Answering that is daunting but not impossible. Neurology can give us
the tools to alter the parameters of the self and explore the dynamics
of subjectivity itself.

Craig