I wasn't satisfied by the ideas I was able to derive about the
universe from consciousness when assuming that they are similar
phenomena, but this afternoon I attempted the reverse and found it
much more fruitful.

What consciousness and the universe have in common is that they are
logically impossible, and yet they are.

The universe seems logically to result from an infinite regression of
causes and mechanisms and yet it simply is, undeniably, what I
realised is that the conscious self also results from seeming infinite
regressions also, there is an infinite regression of homunculi in
their cartesian theatres, and yet the homunculus in the cartesian
theatre simply is. "I" is a singularity.

I thought that was interesting, anyway.