From: Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wed, Nov 16, 2011 3:41 am
Subject: Re: Amnesia, dissociation and personal identity (was: QTI, Cul de sacs
and di...

In principle, yes. What you are talking about is "quantum erasure". It
hould even be possible to do it without forgetting the current
orldline (in which case one is really finding a consistent
ontinuation of the current worldline that happens to be very similar to
he destination worldline). This would be rather similar to
eleportation type scenarios where instead of just teleporting through
pace, one teleports through time. How this might be arranged
ractically seems even more removed than than the space case, but
heoretically it should be similar.
I'm not at all sure how you might refute QTI using this, but please elaborate.
Cheers