In a message dated 11/16/2011 10:41:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
marc...@ulb.ac.be writes:

I love that book. It is a very courageous book, and I am afraid Tipler
paid some price for it, in terms of relation with colleagues.

Yes, its a very, important book. I liked his Physics of Christianity, less.
 His physics has been criticized, due to the WMAP survey of 1998, showing
cosmic  acceleration of the big bang. However on the David Deutsch Group, on
Yahoo;  (August 17, 2010), Deutsch mused, that perhaps, though Tipler's
reliance on the  standard model failed; the chacteristics of dark energy, might
not defeat the  turing principle, thus, providing (perhaps) infinite
computing cycles.  Therefore, because of that, Tipler's omega point goal would
be
achieved.