In a message dated 11/17/2011 10:13:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
li...@hpcoders.com.au writes:

Omega  point theory is important, albeit rather implausible in light of
recent  cosmology. The book, however, is not. I remember giving up on
the book  around 1/4 of the way through because of the numerous
scientific errors in  areas related to complex systems science.

I remember that Omega point  theory had been presented by Tipler well before
the PoI  book.

Cheers

Thanks, Professor Standish. As you cited, Deutsch did a conjecture on how
dark energy might give the Turing Principle the operations needed for
omega-point scale computing. Infinite computing as it were.

Mitch