On 11/18/2011 6:02 PM, Pierz wrote:
So if there are infinite pathways where I turn into a giraffe, as
there must be, there is no way for my 1-p experience to select
probabilistically among these pathways. I can no longer say, if the
set of calculation pathways is infinite, that giraffe transformation
occurs in, say .000000001% of them, or 5%, or 99% of them.

This is not a problem for an Everett -type multiverse, in which the
universes are bound together by consistent physical laws which allow
one to speak of a proportion of universes in which event x occurs.

I think you make good points. But it is also a problem for an Everett multiverse. If the Born rule says that two possible results are equally probable we may suppose the universe splits two, each with weight 1/2. But if the Born rule says that there are two possible results with probability 1/pi and (1-1/pi) are we to imagine an infinite number of each in the appropriate ratio? Or do we imagine that there are just two, but somehow they are marked with "weights"?