Yes - the terminology of complex numbers in Mathematics (and
real/imaginary numbers) is unfortunate. Forunately, hardly anyone gets
confused :).

I am interested in Eric Vanderbusch's result, of course, because one
of the least satisfactory parts of my derivation of quantum mechanics
is the use of the complex measure.

Cheers