Dear Russell,
thanks for the reply - I am not a scholar of Rosen's oeuvre, but as far as
I know he addressed 'other' questions and called the
"What is Life" an 'ill' formulated question. Sure, he emphasized metabolism
and repair as main functionalities of what we usually
call 'life' (here on Earth's bio-surface), I go further in generalization
and arrived in an agnosticism for all those so far 'unreceived' - but
influential aspects we get teaspoonfully in our development - if we are
ready to get them at all.
John M