The simulation argument:

http://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.html

If any civilization in this universe or others has reached the point where
they choose to explore consciousness (rather than or in addition to
exploring their environment) then there are super-intelligences which may
chooses to see what it is like to be you, or any other human, or any other
species.  After they generate this experience, they may integrate its
memories into the larger super-mind, and therefore there are continuations
where you "become one with god".  Alternate post-singularity civilizations
may maintain individuality, in which case, any one person choosing to
experience another being's life will after experiencing that life "awaken"
to find themselves in a type of heaven or nirvana offering unlimited
freedom, from which they can come back to earth or other physical worlds as
they choose (via simulation).

Therefore, even for those that don't survive to see the human race become a
trans-humanist, omega-point civilization, and for those that don't upload
their brain, there remain paths to these other realities.   I think this
can address the eternal aging implied by many-worlds: eventually, the
probability that you survive by other means, e.g., waking up as a being in
a post-singularity existence, exceeds the probability of continued survival
through certain paths in the wave function.

Jason