Thanks Jason,
Yes, I am not sure if QTI is really Immortality, as in post-mortality, if
memory, and personality, are destroyed? To a hammer, the entire world looks
like  a nail; as the Japanese expression goes, so I personally wonder, if
the old  'move' function of data processing, can somehow be analogous, to our
minds being  moved elsewhere-sort of a copy paste function? One has to have
a program or a  developer to execute the 'move' function, as I see it.

>> Therefore, even for those that don't survive to see the human  race
become a trans-humanist, omega-point civilization, and for those that don't
upload their brain, there remain paths to these other realities.   I  think
this can address the eternal aging implied by many-worlds: eventually, the
probability that you survive by other means, e.g., waking up as a being in a
post-singularity existence, exceeds the probability of continued survival
through certain paths in the wave function.<<

On a Schmidhiber-Zuse-Lloyd-Bostrum-Fredkin hypothesis, that the cosmos is
a quantum computer, a hypercomputer, a simulation; we must first ascertain,
how  we as subroutines in such a cosmos, can determine if this is fact or
not?   Because this kind of pursuit seems so complicated,and frustrating,
most  scholars just give up on the question. Then the question has to be asked,
what  is the pay off? My answer would be, post-mortality, not necessarilly
immortality, in the eternal sense. Jokingly, I would add to my answer that,
this  is the best offer you'll have all day! If we can prove this.

If we can achieve post-mortality,(biological or silicon)  as Ettinger
longed for, as Ray Kurzweil pursues, as the people at Alcor are going for, as
well as Vernor Vinge's uploading, then all the better for us. Living on,
seems  less severe than biologically perishing, first. But that choice (as far
as  we now know) is not yet available to us. So the rough road of dying and
hoping  along the way, that we are a simulation, that will be subject to
recurrence, is  about all we have.

Mitch