To the posts below:
where is this 'immortality' come from at all? in the 'existence' in change
it is implied that what comes around goes around, the rest is our
imagination afraid of "dying". Our (living???) complexity changes int other
constructs. Nothing dies, just transforms. Relations change. Immortality
implies mortality, which is unreasonable. Transfer into 'bio' or 'silicon?
brings me to the 2nd point:

*"On a Schmidhuber-Zuse-Lloyd-Bostrum-Fredkin hypothesis, that the cosmos
is a quantum computer, a hypercomputer, a simulation..."*
reminds me of the previous times metaphors, when "we" (the cosmos?) were
steam engines, etc., because THAT was the actual image of the level of
thinking. Today it is the computer - that embryonic machine we so far
constructed on 'silicon' basis. Not the last step in our development. Our
'simulations' are mirrored by the "now" images as well.
Smart people are wasting their time into arguments not reasonably thought
over.
I rather confess to my agnosticism: "I dunno", but do not present fancy
theories to hide my ignorance. I tell that we are far from the omniscient
level and I expect many novelties to show up - we do not even fantasize
about - today.

Otherwise I appreciate the in part concluding results: our present line of
technology, what I try to enjoy with thanks.
John Mikes