2011/12/8 benjayk <benjamin.jaku...@googlemail.com>

> Bruno Marchal wrote:

> >> The step 7 and 8 do not really work for what I am saying.
> >
> > Explain this in detail. Please.
> It just doesn't deal with non-platonic-immaterialism, that's all.
>

> Bruno Marchal wrote:
> >
> >> The only work for
> >> a certain kind of materialism, not for "sufficiently magical
> >> materialism" or
> >> non-platonic-immaterialism.
> >
> > It can't work for everything which might make you doubt you will
> > survive a digital substitution qua computation, that is in virtue a
> > machine do the right corresponding computation.
> But if your reaoning doesn't work for everything then the conlusion doesn't
> follow.

You just don't get that the only thing the reasoning shows is that
computationalism is not compatible with materialism... that's all, nothing
is said about computationlism being true or materialism being true or santa
clausism being true. What is said is that computationalism within
materialistic framework is false.