On 12/8/2011 6:33 AM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:
The UD argument is not a proof of computationalism being true, is an argument that shows computationalism (I can be run on a digital computer) is not compatible with materialism. It shows that to be able to predict your next moment (if computationlism is true) then the primitive material world is of no use (if there is one).

I don't think so. It is patently untrue that the material world model is of no use in predicting your next experience. In fact it is essentially the only useful model for prediction.

Brent
"I wonder if practitioners of alternative medicine would fly in airliners designed by alternative aerodynamics?"
                --- TG, Holistic Lawyer