On 09 Dec 2011, at 23:50, benjayk wrote:

Sorry, I am done with this discussion, I am just tired of it.

I actually agree your argument is useful for refuting materialism,

OK.

but I
still don't think your conlusion follows from just COMP, since you didn't
eliminate COMP+non-platonic-immaterialism.

In a classical (or intuitionist) proof, if you derived B from A, automatically you have derived B from A + <any supplementary assumption>.

Also, I don't know what you mean by non-platonic-immaterialism. Comp needs arithmetical realism (the belief that the third excluded middle principle is valid in first order arithmetic). It does not exclude wider form of realism, but it recovers them in the machine epistemologies.