On 12/12/2011 11:06 AM, Stephen P. King wrote:
On 12/12/2011 12:36 PM, meekerdb wrote:
On 12/12/2011 4:55 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
If recordings were conscious, wouldn't they evolve behind our backs?

Why would consciousness imply evolution? Evolution requires reproduction and differential selection.

Brent

Hi,

Reproduction and differential selection seem to be necessary aspects of consciousness!

I have several friends who seem conscious, but aren't going to have children.

Brent

Maybe there is not so much of a gap here between the evolution and consciousness. But Craig's pint is one that I echo, what is the necessary reason for actual 1p and quale if recordings are sufficient? Forget the questions of how the recordings where made in the first place...

Onward!

Stephen