On Dec 13, 11:13 pm, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> > But when we observe our own interiority, nothing seems to follow
> > finite local determistic rules. We appear to be able to conjure an
> > infinite universal indeterminacy at will.
>
> Really?  I can't imagine more than five or six different things at the same
> time.
>
> Brent

You can't imagine a view of the Sistine Chapel? A hairbrush with
thousands of bristles? The sound of millions of cicadas in the trees?
Not sure what you mean. Granted, there is loose sense of bandwidth of
sense we can make in any given moment, but I'm talking about the
infinite qualities of the content we can generate. We can
spontaneously make up things out of nowhere. The flavor of pinecone
icecream, the sound of a hat being eaten by a crocodile, a Picasso
version of a Pollack painting. This is not a capacity that lends
itself to explanation by determinism or can be compared to things that
we can observe outside of ourselves.

Craig