On 12/14/2011 6:47 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
On Dec 13, 11:13 pm, meekerdb<meeke...@verizon.net>  wrote:
On 12/13/2011 7:56 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

But when we observe our own interiority, nothing seems to follow
finite local determistic rules. We appear to be able to conjure an
infinite universal indeterminacy at will.
Really?  I can't imagine more than five or six different things at the same
time.

Brent
You can't imagine a view of the Sistine Chapel? A hairbrush with
thousands of bristles? The sound of millions of cicadas in the trees?
Not sure what you mean. Granted, there is loose sense of bandwidth of
sense we can make in any given moment, but I'm talking about the
infinite qualities of the content we can generate.

I deny that you imagine those multiplicities. You just have a word for them and you imagine them as single things to which you attach the word.

We can
spontaneously make up things out of nowhere. The flavor of pinecone
icecream, the sound of a hat being eaten by a crocodile, a Picasso
version of a Pollack painting. This is not a capacity that lends
itself to explanation by determinism or can be compared to things that
we can observe outside of ourselves.

The random combination of known objects and concepts. Before computers it was commonly implemented using concentric cardboard disks with word written along radii.

Brent

Craig