On Dec 14, 8:34 pm, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> > On Dec 14, 1:57 pm, meekerdb<meeke...@verizon.net>  wrote:
>
> >> It matters in that the cartoon is patterns on a piece of film whose
> >> environment is our world.
> > The cartoon only exists as a pattern to us, not to the piece of film.
> > The human psyche is the cartoon's only environment. The pigments or
> > emulsions or pixels which conduct the sense and motive of the
> > cartoonist to it's human audience are not the cartoon. In the literal
> > sense of the film and its world, there is no pattern, just a stain.
>
> > Craig
>
> So you have muddled the question into, "Is our consciousness awareness of the
> fictional
> events in a cartoon conscious?"

No, I'm saying there obviously aren't any fictional events in any
cartoon consciousness, they are in our consciousness only. The literal
mechanism of the cartoon is an empty vessel which is somewhat
interchangeable (but not disposable and not arbitrarily
interchangeable - has to be something cartoonable, like a flip book,
zoetrope, dynamic graphic display, etc).

Craig